Categories of hosting services
A hosting service includes stashing and/or sharing certain web content on a web server managed by a web hosting vendor. There are different kinds of hosting services used for different ends, so let's have a glance at these. Doing so, you can pick what you want, based on whether you wish to run a web site, emails, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a service furnished by various hosts, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages are frequently supported by showing advertisements by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain stretch of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely untrue interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would assign the workload between different stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various web page hosting services (mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a sort of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain corporations provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting brand is good if you would like to share a big quantity of images with buddies or associates since the solution is usually free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your email addresses. Some distributors offer hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an email hosting service. If you want to get a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can set up mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video generates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred website viewers, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to use as many video files as you desire without worrying about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to run a website. To some degree, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting forms since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video files, etc. At Interlink Systems, for instance, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that allow you to get all of the aforementioned services in one single place. There may be restrictions depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting package may be better or worse compared to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are planned for particular web content exclusively.